Thursday, May 26, 2011

Where The Hell I've Been aka "We Can't Stop Here, This Is Bat Country!"



Ok, I wasn't in Bat Country. Or Las Vegas. I did disappear for a week or so though, didn't I? What happened was this:



Except in this case, the picture is a metaphor for "I got into a creative/blogging funk, and then I caught a cold, and then I got a case of food poisoning so horrendously awful I spent days enduring a nightmare of visceral horror" the evil wizard represents stomach cramps, my sword represents cold medicine and the magical lightning represents the cultural ramifications of the Industrial Revolution.

Short Version: I stopped caring, then I got really sick.



Anyway, as to the creative funk...ness, I am finally starting to break through it and junk. Which sounds lazy since 90% of what I do on here is bitch about movies and make silly pictures but whatever. What I'm building towards here (yes, I was building towards something, honest) is that after a lot of reflecting, when not doped on Nyquil, I decided that Sugary Cynicism has gone about as far as it is ever going to. I made it as a thing to do that wasn't school-hell and now school-hell is over and sure there's the other never-ending hells of life but the truth is my heart just isn't in it anymore. Not because of you guys. You guys fucking rock. I couldn't ask for more awesome readers unless one of you was actually Christian Bale.

"Ah, sir? Shouldn't you be out fighting crime?"
"In a minute, Alfred, I just want to finish this reading this post, this Sugary Cynic is so witty and clever"

But either way, I just don't feel it like I used to and soon enough Sugary Cynicism, while the archives will remain active because my massive ego demands nothing less, will no longer update. I'm thinking of starting a Tumblr (I know) with silly comics and such and in the near future CE and I working on creating a site that would have many different contributors and collaborators working on it and writing things and such. Hopefully some of those people will be you. But not you. No, no, the one behind you. Oh fuck it, I'll email you.

Anyway, this is not the last post. There are a few more to come before that, a few more movies exist that require bitching about. Like for instance, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. In order to make up for my abscence, here's an obscenely long comic detailing why it's awful and was created by people who hate happiness:






And that's all I have to say about that.

Anyway, I'll be seeing you people, at some point. For now this is Sugary Cynic saying "the castle is a metaphor for castles being awesome" 'Night!

(Agreeing with something the Missionary Dude said)

Jack: "I support the Missionary's position!"

4 comments:

  1. If you'll notice, this is exactly what I did. COPYCAT. (And by copycat I mean it's a very appropriate time for a fresh start and a new direction.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynic:

    I won't try and talk you out of it....I am going through my own blogging crisis (I think it's that the crappy Summer Movies are not motivating me to write...I blame them for my problems!)

    But, as a parting shot...is there a Sean Connery scene you want me to dissect on "Don't Make a Scene" Sunday? I'll do it in your honor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This must be contagious. I've been losing interest in my blog lately too. Will be sad to see you go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left my comment on my blog-thingy, because blogger's being annoying.

    -Simon

    PS WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Or, alternatively, the hate. Whichever, I'm easy

These Are Also Nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails