Saturday, May 14, 2011

STD Awards and Magic Toy Powers (I Don't Even Know Anymore)

Ok, so these last few days have kind of sucked, as anyone with a Blogger blog would know. On the 11th I think it was, the site totally crashed, I couldn't get in, couldn't post anything, and then posts and comments started disappearing, CE's username switched from CleverEuphemism to "502's". Yeah. Well, after about two friggin days, Blogger's back on its feet, username's are back to normal and the posts have returned. The comments not so much. Which leads me to a hypothetical: if Sugary Cynicism became independently hosted, or just otherwise not on Blogger, would you guys make the move with me? For now, it's just a question, no real weight behind it, but it might become different in the future...

Meanwhile, in a post I've been meaning to write but couldn't because of Blogger's aforementioned vomit n' die moment, I received a internetally transmitted award from Laura at Through My Insanity And...What Else Is There? Specifically, I got an STD:



This STD has led to feelings of pride and accomplishment (instead of, ya know, itching and burning) but nonetheless comes with some rules:

"1. Make up ONE totally ridiculous story about yourself that is a complete rip-off from a movie. It can be as long or short as you want; clean or crass as you want.

2. Pass it on to whomever you feel is deserving of this STD – or accept it and keep it for yourself; it’s your blog – it’s your choice.

3. If you choose to accept this STD, please link your acceptance post back to Adventures in Estrogen and to the person who gave you your STD"

Well, one down and two to go. My movie-story (extra points to whoever can actually guess it)

I was driving my 18-wheeler, because I was totes a trucker and such, when I decided to visit my buddy in California who had a restaurant in Chinatown. We tried to pick his girlfriend up at the airport but wouldn't you know it, she was kidnapped by gangsters. I decided the sons of bitches must pay (wink) and me and my buddy infiltrated their lair only to find that an ancient wizard was responsible because he was looking for an Asian girl with green eyes to marry for...some reason. He also kidnapped this annoying reporter chick and so we fought him and his minions, I knifed him in the face, there were some wizard-y battles and we all lived happily ever after.

OR DID WE?

Finally, because if there's one thing I enjoy it's spreadin some lovin with consequences, I bequeath yon STD to my internet BFF Simon at Four of Them and also Unwashed Mass at The Intermittent Sprocket because I really wanna see his movie life story.

Y'all been STD'd.

Anyway, so, today I went to the comic shop with CE and he did his weird-ass talent again where he guesses what fancy vinyl toy is in the box they hide it in so you don't know what you're getting. This the THIRD time this boy has somehow magically known what toy is in the little box dealie. The first time was at Disney world when I wanted a Squid Mickey vinyl and he was "its that box there" and it was. Coincidence? What about when I went back to Disney with my friends on a school trip later? And I wanted a Teacup Mickey vinyl and he texted me FROM HIS HOUSE, to take the third one I picked up, in the farmost right corner.

It was the Teacup Mickey. Weirder than coincidence.

Well, at the comic shop they had these other figurines hidden in mystery boxes and I wanted to buy the steampunk one. He pauses, randomly grabs one and was like "it's this one" And?

Three for three

He is magic (and since he is of Romanian ancestry one could make the argument that he is Gypsy Voodoo Magic). But apparently only with vinyl collectible toys. Go figure.

This is Sugary Cynic, buying the boy a lotto ticket and checking for a blogging-related rash. 'Night!

Me: "Something's wrong with out blogger usernames. Mine says my real name and yours is just a bunch of numbers"

CE: "Why is mine numbers? I'm not a number!! ...Maybe I'm a Replicant"

7 comments:

  1. SugaryCynic,

    Congrats on your STD
    Don't forget to link back to the Lady's site
    http://adventuresinestrogen.blogspot.com/2011/05/im-spreading-stds.html
    xoxo
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would follow if you moved. :) I'm actually going tumblr myself once I get the energy.

    Also, CE, you are clearly slightly psychic. Like Daphne from Frasier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Megan -

    I want to mention I also have much frustration with Blogger. I'm a WordPress guy but every time I come to Blogger, it's all a mess. It consumes a lot of time and often need to post my comment 3-4 attempts before I get the message saved deal. Most of the time it won't allow me to post in my WordPress site name https://charlienitric.wordpress.com/ ... and I get booted out of Blogger sites in the middle of posting comments also. Frustrating!!!

    I love you final line, you REPLICATOR haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would go independent/Wordpress, but I'm too cheap/lazy/forgetful/eh.

    Fine, fine, whatever. Do I have to start wearing an ID bracelot, or is it only spread through blood? Because if it's blood, that'll be totally awesome (I'm watching AVPM fuck yeah), because of somebody kills me, and they gotta drag my body somewhere, they'll get all bloody junk.

    I'll get on it later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica: I totes linked :p

    A: Best (and itchiest) club ever

    Noli: And likewise I shall follow you. (picture me saying that dressed as someone from Lord of the Rings and it becomes much cooler)

    bjbohls: dang, I feel the hate lol. Thanks for the words of advice.

    Simon: You are a morbid child indeed

    ReplyDelete
  6. It might take a while, but I'm cooking summat up in response to this.

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Or, alternatively, the hate. Whichever, I'm easy

These Are Also Nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails