Thursday, March 24, 2011

People Have Been Saying Funny Things Again

March has been kind of a crappy month of updates, hasn't it? Well look forward to more of the same! :D

Thesis: Ruining my life since August 2010.



In the meantime, people, some of them me, have been being quotable again:

(In my 21st Century Fiction class, after this one obnoxious girl complained that the ending to the rather amazing book The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao was sentimental and sad and all she could feel for the characters was pity and this annoyed her. A girl two seats down from her raised her hand next)

Awesome Other girl: "I'm sorry this book made you feel an emotion and you hate it for that but...(etc)"


(In the barren hell that is my Economics and Literature class, we were learning about Total Utility Increase. In order to make us get it, the professor was trying to make it simple...)

Prof: "It's like, what's the metaphor that's always used, 'the one thing you can give away without losing any yourself?'"

Ashley: "Fire?"

Prof: "....I was looking for 'love' but I guess 'fire' works too"


(A story our professor told us about another professor who used to teach here)

Prof: "And she realized that her little daughter was getting dangerously smart when she was on a ladder one day and her daughter was walking by. She said 'don't walk under the ladder, it's bad luck!' and her kid just stared at her and said '...for whom?'"




(And finally, as I attempted to procrastinate on a thesis chapter, I saw that Clever Euphemism was logged in to Google Chat but idle and proceeded to spam his wall)


Sugary Cynic: boo!
whoooooo
i are a ghoooooost
whoooooo
and such
I
AM
SPAMMING
YOUR
CHAT
IN PROCRASTINATION
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
ha
how many roads
must a man walk down
before you can call him a man?
the answer my friend
is blowin in the wind
the answer
is blowin
in the wind
nooooobooody knooooows the trouble i seeeeen
noboooooody knooooows my sorrooooows
noooboooody knooooows
the trouble i seeeeen
nobooody knooooows but JESUS
la cucaracha
la cucaracha
*something something in spanish
la cucarach
la cucracha
*more things in spanish!
OLE
i hope you have learned a very valuable lesson
namely not to leave your thingy in idle
when I am bored
and avoiding work
my only wish is to see your facial expression as you scroll thru the madness
it'll be all like
:O
and then >:O
and then D:
and eventually :{
i dont know what that last one is
but it aint good
her name was lola
she was a showgirl
um she did stuff
at the copa
COPACABANA
THE HOTTEST SPOT NORTH OF HAVANA!
music and passion were always in fashion
oh Barry Manilow, what sweet music you make



ever see them in a room together?
DIDN'T THINK SO



you're learning so much about barry manilow right now
BE APPRECIATIVE
AND NOW YOU'RE TEXTING ME
KNOWING NOTHING OF YOUR DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
IF YOU'RE ON THE PUTER HOW DO YOU NOT SEE THE HORRORS I HAVE INFLICTED ON YOUR CHAT BOX?
THE BARRY MANILOW RELATED HORRORS!!!

And then he actually was at his computer and said I had to copy and paste this into tonight's post or he would...do something or other. Something threatening. I already forgot. Oh well.

This is Sugary Cynic, and my brain has graduated without me. 'Night!

6 comments:

  1. That picture of the girl in front of the fire is too good. It actually reminds me of the look on Bart Simpson's face as Marge complains that during a temporary school shutdown he has taken up the "so unwholesome" activity of flying a kite at night.

    "Hello, Mother."

    ReplyDelete
  2. barry manilow happens to be my 3rd favorite white person

    ReplyDelete
  3. I imagine 'Mwahahaha' as Taylor Swift's musical monologue. If you don't mind. Which I don't really care if you do.

    Well, that's one way to wake up out of a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unwashed: Ok, cuz I was worried there for a minute.

    Grumpy: YEEEEESSSS. So funny.

    Ameer: Who are the first two?

    Simon: I have no idea what you're talking about, so sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. abraham lincoln and bob barker

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Or, alternatively, the hate. Whichever, I'm easy

These Are Also Nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails