Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011: A Pep Talk Odyssey

2011, twenty-eleven, as we are supposed to say, because actively sounding out two-thousand eleven is much too time-consuming and inefficient. Obviously. Anyway-

(live audience that exists in Sugary Cynic's mind: Didn't you do this already, like a day ago? Except you got distracted by The Rock?)

Maybe. I might have been too lazy to confront 2011 as an actual year yet. I like to ease into new years that way. But for many more reasons than usual I'm reluctant to start this year. It's my last semester of college as an undergrad. Which is scary because thesis is still kicking my ass and NOT graduating is only slightly more frightening than graduating at this point. Anyway, I'm not going to grad school (at least not immediately) because I dunno what the hell I'm going to do with my English degree because I don't live in the magical world of unicorn farts and fairy wishes that would let me be a professional writer for a living

Maybe if I lived here...

So yeah, kind of pinning all my hopes on this Japan thing, hoping I'll get the interview, trying to figure what the fuck I'm doing with my life, you know?

(Audience: *YAAAWWWN* We don't care about your life angst)

And then there's this thing. This bloggy thing. I've been doing this for nearly a year, and apart from school it's been like, the most consistent thing I have ever done. I have a very bad habit of getting excited about things, starting them and then almost immediately losing interest and leaving it to rot. Like my deviantart for starters (don't go looking for it, it's for your own good). But somehow I kept this going and went from writing in a vacuum to...writing in a slightly more populated vacuum :p but still, it's gotta count for something, right?

(Audience: We still don't care! ...Show us your boobs!)

ANYWAY, I have decided that 2011 is not going to be a year for bullshit or doubts or time wasted panicking over all the little things that make me panic. This is going to be the year where I leave all my safety nets: home, school, and just GET OUT THERE. Thinking about the consequences will only slow you down, make you less likely to do what you've always wanted.

So who's with me? It's 2011, let's stand for nothing, get what we want and make this year our BITCH!!



In the meantime, for correctly guessing the banner quote, Simon asked for a picture of Nikola Tesla obliterating hipsters with his mind. But, Simon, why would Tesla obliterate hipsters when he could harness them?


Oh. That's why.

This is Sugary Cynic, seizing the day, and also a pointy stick because you never know. 'Night!

(My brother, playing and losing at some video game)

Jared: "Cillian Murphy's BALLS!!"

6 comments:

  1. hehe YAAWWWN! Now show us your...

    Nice post BTW.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2011 is going to PWN...no doubt ;-) one step at a time my dear one step at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the TV types are saying "two thousand and eleven" and it makes me want to throw things. I am the only person who cares this much about this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well...ummm said? Anyway, it made me smile, that is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noli: We shall capture the huddled masses and poke them with very dull sticks until they stop saying two thousand and eleven. Hazzah!

    While I appreciate your creativity in the matter, dear Cynic, I was so looking forward to dead hipsters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alejandro: I suppose I set myself up for that one :p

    Lisa: YEAH! WILLIAM WALLACE POSE!

    Noli: (pats on the head), I know my little nerd, I know

    Ed: ummm, thanks! :D

    Simon: Sorry, wanted to the opportunity to have the hipsters make comments. Next time, I won't deviate, promise :)

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Or, alternatively, the hate. Whichever, I'm easy

These Are Also Nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails