Thursday, November 4, 2010

Re-cut Trailers And Words We Don't Have

So...Betty White has now joined the cast of Men In Black 3. You know, the threequel no one was really asking for that already has cast Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones, Josh Brolin, Alec Baldwin, Jemaine Clement, Gemma Arterton, Sharlto Copley, a Pussycat Doll and presumably a partridge in some sort of pear tree. I would be excited at least for Sharlto Copley if his name wasn't in the same sentence as "fast-talking Yoda type alien." Urgh. Anyway, now Betty White's involved as well. Because when I think of this:



I think of this:


Obviously

Whatever. At this rate I won't be surprised if I hear that they've exhumed and reanimated the corpse of Vincent Price so he can make a cameo.

He can play the wacky alien cab driver!

Moving on! Today I stumbled on this list of words in other languages that we don't have a word for in English. There's nothing terribly funny about it, I just thought it was interesting:

gheegle and pena ajena are definitely getting incorporated into my everyday conversation.

Next, I have lately been diving into the bizarre yet awesome world of re-cut movie trailers, made to transform the movie into something entirely different. Some are amazing, some are shitty and all are weird as hell. Here are some of my favorites:

This one is top-notch, The Shining as a warm and fuzzy family film:



What I love best about it is that if for some reason you had no idea what the hell The Shining was about and had never heard of it, you could totally buy this as the real movie. And that would scar the hell out of some children.

Next is a trailer that proves this re-cutting business works both ways, a horror movie version of Mary Poppins:



And now I will compulsively pee myself in terror every time I see Julie Andrews.

This one is definitely one of the best. Excellent voice-over, great editing and the most hilarious re-interpretation of Jaws EVER:



So. Awesome.

This last one admittedly has an awful voice-over but I felt the need to include it because it somehow manages to successfully turn Requiem For A Dream, one of the most horrifically gut-wrenching movies of all time, into a wacky romantic comedy:



Seriously, that takes skill.

And that is all for tonight. I got stuff to read, applications to fill out and Christian Bale tied up in my closet...Forget that last one. This is Sugary Cynic, feeling a bit waldeinsamkeit, which is weird, since I'm pretty sure I'm not in a forest. I think. 'Night!

Jasmine: (on her roommate's clothing habits) "Val just likes to be naked. All the time. She told me when I first moved in, 'I'm pretty much naked all the time'"

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for a'sploding my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd see Shining. I would.

    Pochemuchka. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list of words. However, I'm sorry to say that 'cualacino' doesn't exist in Italian. Mi dispiace...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morose: Indeed

    Brenda: Any time!

    Simon: I'd see it with you

    Widow: It's a useful phrase

    Simon H.: Well, it is a list that I found on the internet so it's not like I'm going to vouch for it's validity :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Were you aware that the actor portraying Stuart Ullman in the Shining trailer is the only actor to portray James Bond before Sean Connery? His name is Barry Nelson and he played James Bond in a TV movie in 1954. Eight years before Connery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know that. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Or, alternatively, the hate. Whichever, I'm easy

These Are Also Nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails