Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Festivus For The Rest Of Us

If you don't know what Festivus is, I am too tired to explain it to you. It is from Seinfeld, let them tell you:



At our school, we have a Festivus tradition that began our freshman year. We do the whole deal, we have a pole, an big whiteboard for grievance airing, which includes anything from "Finals suck" to "grad school apps suck" to "you suck" and feats of strength, which this year was a mechanical bull. It was awesome even if I only managed to stay on for fourteen seconds. Rest assured it was an exceedingly epic fourteen seconds.

Also, there was a photo booth and through it's use my friends and I learned many valuable lessons, namely:

Cramming seven or so people in a photo booth is generally a bad idea



But Ashley C. makes hilarious faces in said bad idea situations



You never know when your younger brother will crash bff photo-time



But it's usually quite awesome when he does


So guess who's still writing their Blade Runner paper?

(raises hand, sobs gently)

So you'll understand if I leave now, right? I still love you, but it's 2am and I need to kill this bitch. So, bye for now.

I tried to find pictures of Sean Connery doing puppy-eyes but all there were was pictures of him being manly and awesome

(My RA had a program where we all got cookies and hot chocolate)

Lauren (my RA): "So we have regular hot chocolate, I also have some leftover from Halloween that turns milk orange"

Me: :D "That's awesome!" (I pour some in) "I am excited!"

Jared (brother): "That's kind of sad,"

Me: "I don't have a lot in my life to get excited about right now,"

Jared: "That's also sad,"

8 comments:

  1. what? chocolate that turns milk orange?? this defies all human logic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange chocolate milk? YOU LIE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quality posts is the important to invite the visitors to pay a visit
    the web site, that's what this site is providing.

    Check out my blog ... identi.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now it looks like Wordpress is the preferred blogging platform out there right
    now. (from what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

    Also visit my web-site :: union.ic.ac.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's up, all is going fine here and ofcourse every one is sharing data, that's truly excellent, keep up writing.


    Here is my weblog ... workouts to improve vertical leap

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know whether it's just me or if everyone else experiencing issues with
    your site. It looks like some of the text within your posts are
    running off the screen. Can somebody else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them too?
    This could be a issue with my internet browser because I've had this happen before. Cheers

    my web page: www.virtualworldsedu.info

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this post is good, my sister is analyzing these kinds of
    things, therefore I am going to tell her.

    Check out my website :: workouts to improve vertical leap

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Or, alternatively, the hate. Whichever, I'm easy

These Are Also Nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails