Friday, October 15, 2010

Today Has Sucked



...Yes I only know this song because of the movie Orange County. Shut up, you're ruining my angst. or getting-over-angst. Or something.

Today was kind of awful from both an employment standpoint and an ego one. Sometimes things suck and you're not good enough. Sometimes life just likes to fuck with you.



But whatevs, I AM GOING TO MATERNAL-FORNICATING HARRY POTTER LAND TOMORROW. Yeah.



In the meantime, here is some news:

Sam Raimi has finally divulged the intended plot for his Wizard of Oz prequel (never thought I'd see Sam Raimi and Wizard of Oz in the same sentence). In Raimi's version, we'll get the story from the point of view of the Wizard, how he ended up in Oz and him falling in love with Glinda the good witch. Also he's played by Robert Downey Jr.

Pay no attention to the attractive man behind the curtain

While it's obviously way too early to pass judgment, I am going to do it anyway. This sounds like it can only end badly. And possibly insanely when you put a dude who is primarily a horror director (Spiderman aside) and put him in charge of the Wizard of Oz and then...Robert Downey Jr? This may be good, it may be bad, but it will most definitely be weird.

Also, Sharlto Copley and Alec Baldwin have joined the already bloated cast of MIB 3, making me almost interested in seeing it. I loved the first one (I was eight when I first watched it) hated the second one when I was old enough to realize it was crap and never really wanted another. Then I hear they got both Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones. And Jemain Clement, member of the brilliant Fight of the Conchords, and Emma Thompson, and Gemma Arterton, and Josh Brolin. Dang. Anywhoo, seeing as I approve of any movie with Sharlto Copley, this kind of made me interested. The synopsis says:

"In the new movie, Agent Jay (Smith) goes back to the '60s to fight aliens teaming up with a younger Agent Kay played by Brolin. Clement will play the villain. Arterton would play a secretary in the 1969 version of the agency, Baldwin would play the 1969 agency boss, and Copley would play a fast-talking Yoda type alien. Popstar Nicole Sherzinger has also been offered a cameo as Clement's girlfriend"

And now not so much. Oh well.

I'm going to bed now, because I have to wake up at 6:45am for the bus ride. If God intended humans to get up that early, he would not make it suck so much. Just saying. All righty, see you guys tomorrow for is intended to be a Harry Potter Universal review but based on past experience will be me going "ZOMG, so tired! Can't see...things. (Funny Inception picture) pickles, Sean Connery, snark"

So that's something to look forward to. Also, new banner quote. This is Sugary Cynic, dusting herself off and preparing the middle finger, just in case. 'Night!

3 comments:

  1. Jack Burton. Big Trouble in Little China. Have fun at Potterland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna become Sharlto Copley's new agent, and make sure he stops doing These Movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unwashed: Son of a bitch must pay! (or choose a paint picture. Either way)

    Simon: Please do. Set him on the right path

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Or, alternatively, the hate. Whichever, I'm easy

These Are Also Nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails