Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cash Carts And The Most Awkward Sushi Ever

VAL'S VISITING!!

AND WE'RE GONNA WATCH MOVIES AND PLAY GAMES AND GO ON ADVENTURES AND FIND THE LOCH NESS MONSTER AND KILL DRACULA AND UNEARTH A GLOBAL CONSPIRACY AND HAVE TO GO INTO THE WITNESS PROTECTION PROGRAM SO WE'RE NOT MURDERED BY THE MAFIA AND SO MY NEW NAME WILL BE CHASE DARKWATER AND SHE'LL BE MARLA CONSTANTINE AND WE'LL LIVE IN NEW YORK AND SOLVE CRIMES AND MEET THE MUMMY AND ALSO SCOOBY-DOO.

I am excited.

I'm going in a bit to pick her up from the airport, so a short post tonight. Or more likely I'll get interrupted halfway through this one and when I come back she will be here and this post will be META AS HELL. I think. I dunno, by Thursday my brain is usually fried.

So today was an intense culmination of awesome and awkward. First, the awesome: for Homecoming Week, the school did this thing called Cash Cart, which is like Cash Cab but in a golf cart. And on campus instead of New York. And all the trivia questions are about the school. And you don't win actual money, just school swag like t-shirts and cups. So really it's not at all like Cash Cab.

They did at least drive me to the Dining Hall

Also my thesis adviser was on the cart, not driving but asking the trivia questions. We went off-road and hit a hole in the grass between the dorms and I won a foam finger so that was fun.

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

Aaaaand it happened!! Yes even though there''s no way for you to know it. I vanished for an hour to pick up Val at the airport. META. Or something. Don't believe me?

PROOF! GLORIOUS PROOF!

Anywhoo, earlier today, in what class but Postmodernism, our professor was really tired and out of it, which is why one student in our class was able to convince him that we should go to the sushi restaurant across the street and conduct class there. And we did. And it was weird. And awkward. Cuz I didn't order any food because I'm broke and everyone kept pressuring me to at least buy a soda so go figure. And we got like no work done. It was a thoroughly strange occurrence but par for the course with this class.

And now if you excuse me, there's a Blu-ray copy of How To Train Your Dragon and a grad-school friend waiting. :D This is Sugary Cynic, going off-road golf-carting and avoiding airport security. 'Night!

Me: "So tell me about your new friends!"

Zeke: "Wait, you made *friends*?"

Val: "YES I made friends!!"

4 comments:

  1. Yay reunions!

    This made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. S'what I try for. Also, where did everyone go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid they couldn't handle such an overt confrontation with the real world. Poor dears.

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Or, alternatively, the hate. Whichever, I'm easy

These Are Also Nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails