Friday, September 10, 2010

Hearts, Stars, and Horseshoes, Clovers and...Oh God

So dinner tonight was awesome because there was a WAFFLE BAR. And everyone knows you are not allowed to be having a bad day when in the vicinity of a WAFFLE BAR. It's a law. Look it up.

See, even these guys know the rules.

But last night did not have a Waffle Bar, and was therefore lame. Also Alexa, friendly neighborhood proprietor of that one comic thing I keep mentioning, decided to forgo the lameness of dinner and get some cereal, which was more exciting than cereal usually is because we had actual Lucky Charms instead of the usual knock-off Marshmallow Mateys

This raises so many horrible questions. Like what exactly is "malt-o-meal"? And why are the mascots of a naval-themed cereal two kangaroos?

But that doesn't matter! We had real live Lucky Charms! And there were (sing it with me) hearts, starts and horseshoes, clovers and blue moons, pots of gold and rainbows and...penis?

Gives a whole new meaning to "Lucky Charms"

Something tells me that's not part of a balanced breakfast.

Also, in my Postmodern Lit class, we read The Crying of Lot 49, a weird-ass book about chick who follows a bunch of clues that lead to an ultimately meaningless mystery (I'm over-simplifying it A LOT). The point? The book was full of weird clues and shit and in the back of Drew's book (which he had gotten used) was a mysterious phone number with an equally mysterious address. When he put the number into his I-phone, it revealed that the area code was for San Francisco, and the Crying of Lot 49 takes place in a sort of alternate version of San Francisco along with Berkley and some other places in Southern California. Spooky. Which lead our professor to say:

"Call it! Callitcallitcallitcallit! Drew, call it right now or I will FAIL YOU"

He didn't call it. :( So now we may never know (just like in the book!)

This is Sugary Cynic, continuing to neglect her thesis prospectus in the hope that it will get fed up and write itself. 'Night!

(much later, in the middle of class)
Postmodern professor: "Waitwaitwait! Something more important! I think Drew's gonna call the number!"

3 comments:

  1. You have a dirty mind. And I read that Lot 49 book. It's odd. Don't remember much about it apart from thinking "This is a concept book" right from the start, so I wasn't trying to get involved in the story or anything because I knew it was going to try and rape my brain or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THOMAS PYNCHON YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

    Actually, I think there was a limited release of the book where they wrote in a bunch of different numbers and addresses for SF. So there's that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unwashed: See, the first time I read it I was given no warning about brain-rapeness and became frustrated and possibly rabid. It was much smoother this time around.

    Simon: STOP MAKING ME FEEL INTELLECTUALLY INFERIOR, YOU HIGH-SCHOOLER WHO LOVES THOMAS PYNCHON. I alternate between loving him and wanting to wring his neck

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Or, alternatively, the hate. Whichever, I'm easy

These Are Also Nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails