Friday, August 13, 2010

Movie Haikus

Yeah yeah, everyone does this blablablah whinebitchmoan. I'm tired and I'm cranky cuz I didn't see Scott Pilgrim and I watched three other movies that I don't feel like expounding massively upon so you will read these haikus and YOU WILL ENJOY THEM. WITH YOUR FACE.

What's Up Tiger-Lily, Woody Allen's directorial debut (sort of) in 1966. He dubs over a wacky Japanese spy movie and turns it into a wacky comedy about finding the perfect egg salad recipe. Also there are bits of this band The Lovin' Spoonful spliced in. Hell if I know why:

This was funnier
When I was nine. Still, a good
hunt for egg salad

(two and a half catapults out five)


Bottle Shock, the based-on-a-true-somesuch thing where in 1976 Alan Rickman is a wine snob who sets up this tasting competition between asshile french wine-makers and plucky underdog american wine-makers. Guess who wins? Also Chris Pine plays a sexy hippie...just sayin:

Going mad for wine
Not bad, bit slow, but damn man!
Chris Pine's wig is bad

Two crappy wigs out of five

Finally, Tokyo! by Michel Gondry and two other directors I didn't bother learning the names of (neither are Japanese, incidentally). Three short, incredibly bizarre stories about life and alienation in one of the busiest cities in the world:

Chick turns into chair
And sewer leprechauns...Dude,
Tokyo is weird

Three vaguely disturbed catapults out five

I think I am beating my insomnia-with EXHAUSTION. 'Night!

(oh hey, new banner quote! Where did that come from?)

10 comments:

  1. Michael Gondry? Weird? Surely you speak under influence of The Spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live in America, right? So go and watch pilgrim. And I think the banner quote is from The Lion King.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't the banner quote from everything? It's a very common phrase in wacky situations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unwashed: for what I will simply call "various reasons" I can't go see it til Monday :(

    As for the banner quote I'm calling it a tie between you and this woman who guessed on the facebook page, she guessed reversal of fortune, you guessed lion king and both times the line is spoken by Jeremy Irons (In Lion King it's a reference to Reversal of Fortune) so pick a paint picture, dude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for calling it a tie! Lovin' the blog! (i remain, as ever, "the woman who guessed on the facebook page")

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genuinely no matter if someone doesn't be aware of then its up to other people that they will help, so here it happens.

    my website :: verticaljump.einfohound.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's difficult to find well-informed people in this particular topic, but you sound like you know what you're talking about!
    Thanks

    Also visit my blog post - Exercises For Vertical Leap

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you desire to improve your knowledge just keep visiting
    this website and be updated with the most recent information posted here.


    Feel free to surf to my blog post ... workouts for vertical jump

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted
    to say that I've really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I'll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope
    you write again very soon!

    my blog post; Workouts To Improve Vertical

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Or, alternatively, the hate. Whichever, I'm easy

These Are Also Nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails