Thursday, July 1, 2010

When Google Searches Go Wrong (And Then Hialrious And Then Back To Wrong)

So tomorrow is officially my last day interning at the museum! You know what that means!



In all seriousness, it was a lot fun, a great learning experience and, most importantly, an opportunity to get a surprising amount of free shit (including: the world's softest Iron-man t-shirt, How To Train Your Dragon poster, Toy Story etc. having an IMAX attached to the museum rocks!)

It is so soft it is beyond mere mortal comprehension!

So that's done, sort of. I get my evals from boss dude tomorrow and then I have to write like a 6 page paper about how throwing free t-shirts people, covering myself with price gun stickers and fishing little kids out of a large fountain related to my major. Wheeee. In non-paper writing news, the banner quote has changed yet again and I have sworn to no longer underestimate your nerdyness (Jacob!) and picked a really hard quote. Also, Rachel, pick a damn picture already! (because I care).

Finally, you remember those Google search stories ads they played awhile back on TV? Like the one about learning French was actually a story about pursuing love or some such bullshit? Well it turns you can make your own. Which is a very bad idea...

Here's a pseudo-ad thingy I made for the blog:




And here's what goes on behind the scenes of my blog posts ;)



And that is all for tonight. Good luck with the new quote and, if possible, go make some search videos because I have barely scratched the surface of funny things you can do with that thing. 'Night!

7 comments:

  1. You do not comprehend the terror I will bring upon the world with that videomaker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. choroform gas = bad idea (phosgene gas anyone?) ...also its shelf-life sucks

    ReplyDelete
  3. My geek-senses are almost overloading for this quote... but my friend and I were just talking about this movie at work last night:

    "Good Morning, Vietnam". And I think it was Forest Whitaker's character who said (can't remember the character's name, though).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simon: it seems I have created a monster. Awesome!

    Bryan: I am open to suggestions :p

    Jacob: >.< I hate you. so much. this has become personal, it is no longer "guess the banner quote" but "stump the jacob"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Email me if you need any quotes. I know movies so obscure they're not registered in IMDb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "You want to kill me, don't you? Well take a number and get in line."

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey there and thank you for your information – I've certainly picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise several technical points using this web site, as I experienced to reload the web site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and could damage your high-quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I'm adding this RSS
    to my email and can look out for much more of your respective fascinating content.
    Ensure that you update this again very soon.

    my web page summer internship

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Or, alternatively, the hate. Whichever, I'm easy

These Are Also Nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails