Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Metrocon And A Kid Named Marvel

This is Sugary Cynic:



This is Sugary Cynic after several bouts of insomnia:



And this is Sugary Cynic finding out she will in fact be able to attend one of the largest and geekiest cons in Florida:



Yes, I am going to Metrocon! Partly because a crapton of my friends are going and I really am just that huge a nerd, and partly because it helps to fill the gaping hole in my heart that comes from knowing I could never afford to go to Comic-con :( (at this point there would a sad violin note).

What's the important thing to take from this? Well, for starters I leave tomorrow morning and the hotel does not give wireless unless you're willing to follow them into a back-alley, do a striptease, join their cult and invest in a timeshare. So from Thursday to Saturday (I'm back Sunday afternoon), Sugary Cynic is officially off the intermanet radar. But I shall return with stories of wild geekdom and a finale to our Sugary Cynic's New Top Idol contest. And anyway, I've given you people more than six months of daily posts. So suck off, it's my vacation (I love you all).

so today at work I met an adorably spastic little four year old named Marvel. That's right, Marvel. His mom even said "like Marvel comics" by way of an explanation. I'm still debating if that is the coolest thing ever, or the most socially crippling. Time will tell. Either way, he was surprisingly friendly for a four year old (at that age kids usually violently shove their faces into their parent's ass so as to avoid eye-contact or conversation). But he wanted to play superheroes and kept killing me as Spiderman. It was so damn cute.

Pretty much

So, let's hook him up with a munchkin named DC and they will be a tiny yet unstoppable force for justice!

And that is all to report right now. Rich correctly guessed the quote as from Stanley Tucci's The Imposters, a quirky comedy about weirdos on a ship in the nineteen twenties (I think it's the nineteen twenties...maybe) whatever, Alfred Molina and Billy Connelly are in it. It's good.

This is Sugary Cynic packing too much crap but forgetting her toothpaste, saying "I love the smell of unwashed nerds in the morning...wait, no I don't, that's gross as hell." 'Night!

Joker: (to Batman) "Quick question. When the clock strikes twelve, do I get a little kiss?" -The Long Halloween (one of my favorites, such a good story)

4 comments:

  1. You're leaving me? AGAIN!?!

    *sob*

    I'm going to name my kid DC. It's a little more subtle, thank you. If anyone asks, I'll just start singing The Star-Spangled Banner.

    What does 'poisson' mean again? I understand all but that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful out there amongst those nerds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SC:

    Enjoy yourself at that convention - I've never been but I hear they're cool. I'm more of an at-home nerd myself, I guess.

    By the way, I've never really posted over here because I never had a decent enough ice breaker to start a conversation. But I have one now.

    You know, I looked all over this site and, with all the great posts and pics you have, you know something you don't have that I think you really need>

    This award:

    http://thegreatwhitedope.blogspot.com/2010/07/award-for-me-oh-you-shouldnt.html

    Congratulations, and keep up the sugary cynicism!

    - TGWD

    ReplyDelete
  4. simon: and like magic, I'm back. Also poisson means fish

    Unwashed: They were icky

    TGWD: cool, thanks a lot man! I love your blog, glad you think mine is versatile!

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Or, alternatively, the hate. Whichever, I'm easy

These Are Also Nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails