Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dammit, Sean!

So, Inception's been out for three days and already it seems I will be the last person to watch it when I see it tomorrow. Be that as it may, tomorrow would typically be Sean Connery Movie Sunday but seeing as I will most likely be covering tomorrow's post in a fangasm of joy over the work of Our New God Nolan, today will be our requisite Sean Connery day.

As you may or may not know (or care), I recently have been considering a new actor-idol ever since Sir Connery decided to come out of retirement to do the worst movie ever in the history of ever. And also now he's been investigated for tax evasion and money laundering.

I'm sorry, what now?

Ok, this isn't exactly scandalous when compared with Mel Gibson offending everyone who ever lived (as well as several dead people) but still, it's a strike against him and he's on thin ice thanks to Bessie-Boo and her gang of terrifyingly animated Scots-peoples.

Nah, it's cool, I was planning on never sleeping again anyway

So yeah, in the running for Sugary Cynic's Next Top Idol were Jeremy Irons, Helen Mirren and Chow Yun Fat. Several of you (mostly on Facebook) said Jeremy Irons, Unwashed said Helen Mirren, and my brother yelled Chow Yun Fat at me from his room. I remain quite undecided, and so since Sean Connery is still annoying me with his awful movie and failure to pay his taxes, we begin the elimination round for Sugary Cynic's Next Top Idol! This week: The Period Costume Round! Whichever actor best achieves looking cool and badass while dressed like a history-reenacting dork, wins!

First Jeremy Irons:

Rocking it as the Earl of Leicester, armor is always cool


And here in Merchant of Venice he proves you have to be rather bad-ass to wear that much fur trim and that silly a hat and still look like someone you'd rather not fuck with


O.o ...oh. Oh my. Can we get the picture of the nightmarish animated people back up?


Chow Yun Fat:

Lookin' all regal with his bad self for Anna and The King


Keeping things simple, yet awesome in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon


And that, kids, is why you should eat lots of fruit. Because scurvy is a bitch and a half


And Helen Mirren:

You did not just back-sass Queen Elizabeth!


Here, she sensibly avoids Leia braids while restraining Tiny Batman


All right, let's face it: there's no such thing as a bad picture of Helen Mirren in period clothing. (There may not even be such a thing as a bad picture of Helen Mirren).

And there you have it, Helen "That's Queen to you, bizzatch" Mirren takes this round! See you tomorrow for Inception-related ravings! This is Sugary Cynic saying "Helen Mirren's tits are on the Internet, and they are deeply unsettling" 'Night!

16 comments:

  1. It's all about the Mirren. As much as I like the other two, she is in a class of her own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First up: I'll be the last person to see it, as I sit back and wait a week or two for people to stop beating each other up to label it. Allowing myself time to sit back and judge the film on my own grounding.

    Now, for the rest of this post: Jeremy Irons is always cool, and Helen Mirren is the queen fox, but I'd go Chow-Yun Fat... well at least I say that, but every time I remember Bulletproof Monk I die a little inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't decide. So much badass, so few asses to kick.

    Wear a helmut when you go to see Inception, so when your head explodes, it won't get all over the people behind you. It's called manners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unwashed: You and your Helen Mirren :p

    Univarn: As do we all, my good sir. As do we all.

    Simon: unfortunately I went without any protective headgear. It got a bit messy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am curious to find out what blog platform you're using? I'm experiencing some minor security issues
    with my latest blog and I'd like to find something more secure. Do you have any suggestions?

    Also visit my website Liposuction Ga

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome issues here. I'm very happy to peer your article. Thanks so much and I am having a look ahead to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a mail?

    Also visit my blog post; vertical jump workouts

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure this article has touched all the internet users,
    its really really nice paragraph on building up new
    weblog.

    my site - vertical leap workouts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great site you've got here.. It's hard to find good quality writing like yours nowadays.
    I honestly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!
    !

    Feel free to visit my site; workouts to improve vertical jump

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, its fastidious article concerning media print, we all know media is a great source of
    information.

    my website :: how to dunk a basketball

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have read a few good stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking for
    revisiting. I wonder how much attempt you place to make this sort of fantastic informative web site.


    my web site: exercises to improve vertical jump

    ReplyDelete
  11. After I originally commented I appear to have clicked
    the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now whenever a
    comment is added I get 4 emails with the exact same comment.
    Is there an easy method you can remove me from that service?
    Kudos!

    Feel free to visit my blog post ... http://www.fishin-buddies.net/

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's going to be finish of mine day, but before finish I am reading this enormous paragraph to improve my knowledge.

    Also visit my web-site exercises for vertical jump

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm is anyone else having problems with the pictures on this blog loading?
    I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it's the
    blog. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.


    my webpage :: https://moodle.cad.auckland.ac.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's awesome in support of me to have a site, which is good in support of my know-how. thanks admin

    Here is my blog post ... teamgeorgiawrestling.com

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Or, alternatively, the hate. Whichever, I'm easy

These Are Also Nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails