Saturday, May 15, 2010

Bluh And Such

I caught some sinus-y thing from my brother (or possibly the Ebola keyboard) and am now feeling rather crappy. Not like death just yet, but perhaps death's stuffy nose. Something like that. Also I took medicine and you all know by now what a lightweight puss I am when it comes to allergy medication and otherwise so I am not responsible for anything I type. On that note, this post is dedicated to the weird little moments of life that no one ever seems to notice except me and my brother. For whatever reason we see and overhear these randomly hilarious things that no one else ever seems to notice.

For instance, over winter break my father had decided that some sort of familial bonding was in order, so we went to the zoo to do what all families do when they want to re-connect: look at massive wild animals doing it.

Yes, tortoises hump. And yes, the phrase "tortoise sex" is now in my search history.

Anyway, when wandering around the reptile house, we saw this munchkin running around with a camera that looked way too expensive to have been left in his sticky little hands. Suddenly, out of nowhere, by the alligator tank, we heard it.

"EVAN, BRING THE CAMERA!"

The kid toddled over to his father, who decided that shreiking was still very much necessary.

"EVAN! LOOK AT IT'S MOUTH, EVAN! IT'S HUGE, EVAN! EEEEEEEVAAAAAN!!"

And even though they followed us for a good twenty minutes after, all the while the dad screeching his excitement to his son, no one seemed to notice but my brother and I. Which of course led to things like this:

"EVAAAAAAN! LOOK AT IT!! IT TOOK YOUR MOTHER, EVAN! EVAN, WREAK VENGEANCE IN MY NAME, EVAN! IT'S THE ULTIMATE TEST OF YOUR LOVE! EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!111!!!!1"

ps. I have no idea who the dude in the picture is, but man does he ever love buffalo.

I feel like Shitty McShitterton the Shit so I'm gonna go to bed now. Also, I was cleaning up my My Documents folder cuz it was filled with random crap, and I found these old pictures I thought had gotten deleted of me meeting of all that is good and B-movie in this world, Bruce Campbell. So just for the hell of it, here are some pictures from when I met Bruce Campbell last summer. He is a groovy dude in person and incredibly nice, but he was not cool with this one girl asking if she could lick his boomstick (can't really fault him for that one). Also, he admired my stylish fedora.





Bleh, need more tissues (nearly at 100 posts!) this is Sugary Cynic saying "Blaaaachooo! EVAAAAAAN!!" 'Night!

Me: "So can you sign this for my brother? He's your biggest fan who still maintains a basic level of hygiene, also he won't stop singing that song from your movie (My Name is Bruce) about Quan-Di,"

Bruce: (shrugs charmingly) "Well, Quan-Di is his name (this is a line from the song)"

Me: "Yeah, I've heard...

6 comments:

  1. That is a pretty sweet fedora.

    Lucku person, meeting Bruce Campell! Hope you feel better so I can yell at you for not appreciating such an event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is the sweetest of fedoras. also don't worry, I geeked out and melted into a pile of fangirl, the pictures just don't really convey it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bruce is lord.

    Oh, and I did quite a lot of giggling at that whole "EVAAN!" story. And the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did nobody bother to point out Sam Raimi's brother at the next table??!

    ReplyDelete
  5. but in order to point that out you have to make the assumption that people care about ted raimi.

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Or, alternatively, the hate. Whichever, I'm easy

These Are Also Nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails