Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Writing Wednesday

Things I ought to know by now:

1. Drunk Me and Terminally Exhausted Me are both prone to doing many kinds of the same ridiculous shit. :D

2. It is fairly easy for your mother to know how late you were up when you post sleep-haikus on her wall at 3am

3. "What If I Could Only Flail My Arms?" is still the best game ever.

right now I am eating a delicious (sarcasm) tumor bagel with cream cheese water spread on it, courtesy the dining hall. I ought to be doing work right now but yeah, story of my life and all that. So, without further ado, Writing Wednesday! (I am the only one who pronounces it wed-nes-day in their head as they right write so it doesn't get misspelled?)

...ok a bit more ado, for the uninformed, the title is a Doors song :p get your mind out of my gutter (ok for reals now)

Touch Me, Baby

Go shine your light then burn out fast,
The brightest stars, they never last

Stroke the sleek sides of your sexy six-string
Martyred to the crowd, still it sings

The spotlight is your home, it too will be your grave
Get it all now, there's nothing you can save

Out in a blaze, with a bang, scorch, and sear
Fading away your only fear

All of them will know your name
Sing a song with your refrain

"It was just too soon" that's what they'll say
When you bleed too far one day

The fame, the fortune, the high will pass,
The brightest stars can never last


Written about a year ago I think, maybe a little less. Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix, all members of what's called the 27 club, which means, if you lack the brain stem to figure it out, they all died at the height of the their fame and the age of 27. Fucking spooky if you ask me.

On that cheerful note, I'm out. Time to read me some Rape! (See the last post if that statement confused and/or horrified you). Remember kids, being sleep-deprived on the internet is dangerous! (Dick Button).

"Listen, real poetry doesn't say anything; it just ticks off the possibilities. Opens all doors. You can walk through anyone that suits you." -Jim Morrison, aka Mr. Mojo Risin'



1 comment:

  1. I can't not say it wed-nes-day in my head when I have to spell it. The word just doesn't make sense otherwise!

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Or, alternatively, the hate. Whichever, I'm easy

These Are Also Nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails