Saturday, February 27, 2010

Friggin' Random Friday(ish)

I can no longer use the warped time thingy to hide the fact that I usually don't make a post until it's technically the next day because...(drum roll please)I fixed the time zone thingamabob! So now it reads the actual time instead of whatever time it is in Middle Earth, and you all can share in my shame as I update late. Cuz that's what shame is for: Sharing.



To continue, last night I bonded with roomie Arlene over Firefly episodes, which got me all nostalgic and today I ended up downloading all the music from the show and my ears haven't been this happy since I discovered this song:

....Don't judge me.

Anyway, I love the soundtrack from the movie but the show's one really is better, it has the Old West feel that the movie version just didn't quite capture. It also has frickin fantastic range, from the western kind of feel to Chinese and also River's Dance, which all folksy Irish. Unfortunately, the one thing it didn't have was Jayne Cobb, hero of Canton, which is a bummer, because it even had the opening theme song...oh well, we can't everything.

"How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don't you think?"

ALL HATS SHOULD BE DESCRIBED IN THIS MANNER.

Also it is cold as balls here. (what sort of balls? I dunno, cold ones,I suspect). I realize that it is in fact cold pretty much all over the place and that people are snowbound and shoveling their walks and just generally being much colder, but dammit I live in South Florida and reserve the right to complain when the weather starts acting all crazy-like. It's the end of February (horrible truth, had to use spell check to properly spell February) and I can see my breath outside. WHAT THE CRAP. Florida has two seasons: Shoe-meltingly hot and shoe-meltingly hot whilst pouring rain. Except I can see my breath outside and I am running out of layers to wear! To be fair, I am a weenie in terms of cold and am probably wearing more layers than everyone else but I am tiny and don't conduct body heat. Think of those weird hairless little yappy dogs that are always shaking like they're in withdrawal. I am that small yappy dog. Anyway, I just feel like Florida fell into the Twilight Zone in terms of weather:

"You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind...and also batshit weather that doesn't correspond to your general region."

All right, all right I'm sucking it up and moving on. Let's see now, I could talk to you about the whole Star Trek thing but that's going to have its own comic so it's really more of a TGIT thing so just be patient and wait. Ah! I know, I will tell you the paper story!

THE PAPER STORY
So I had already posted on my attempts at paper-ing my damn paper and that they weren't going so great. At around 4am-ish last night I was starting to go big-time, nodding off in front of my computer and such. The paper was about (putting this simplistically for all you people who don't spend your time locked away, anti-socially reading literature by dead white British people) the definitions of love and personality in Emma and Wuthering Heights. I was up to the Emma bit, talking about how she's digging on this guy Mr. Knightley when for whatever reason, halfway through the sentence I write: "Well, at least astronaught."

And it doesn't end there. I tried to fix the spelling of astronaut like five times, my brain refusing to use spell check before I woke up and took the metaphorical step back and said "What the balls am I doing?" There was nothing in this paper to do with astronauts, I had neither read nor watched anything related to astronauts and decided based on these facts that it was time to call it a night. Something told me I wasn't going to be writing anymore gems that night. So I get it done pretty much RIGHT before the thing is due only to discover that nearly everyone got an extension til tomorrow. >.< wheeeeeeeeeeeeee

On that note, I am going to bed before I start Mars Rover...just kidding. :D. See you all tomorrow for Silly Picture Saturday, and man I have what may be the greatest picture known to the whole of mankind. (not to raise your hopes or anything.) Peace out!

Wash: "A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything,"
Jayne: "Damn straight!"
-Alan Tudyk and Adam Baldwin, discussing the wondrous Jayne Hat.

1 comment:

  1. Just testing to make sure this stupid thing's workingg

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Or, alternatively, the hate. Whichever, I'm easy

These Are Also Nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails